Today is a great day because I found shortcuts to being confident. Client late on payments? Send them a reminder. But first, treat yourself to a quick self-esteem boost:
- Deprogram, not re-program, your brain. When you first started walking you were one self-assured baby. Then society crapped on that and now you’re an insecure adult. Ignore criticism and find that baby confidence again.
- A simple truth is the base of a person’s confidence. You must decide if it will come from you. You’ll be the source. You’ll control it. Not your parents, not your clients, not the director of your favourite superheroes franchise. You.
- Do you know what reframing is? Not taking bad events personally. Client yells at you? He probably had a bad day. Nothing to do with you. There.
- If you project yourself as an expert, people will see you as an expert. Thank the “halo effect” for that.
- What’s “reality” anyway? Steve Jobs thought it is what you make out of your life.
- And remember, you can’t kill negative thoughts right away. Soften them up first. Like metal for molding.
Do you want to read that but with more words? Then go to My No-BS Guide to Confidence